Buying your new home is one of the biggest financial commitments you will make. To assist you through this process we set out below what you may expect from Housestyle Countrywide.
1 ) Health and Safety
We understand that seeing your new home being built is exciting but a building site can be dangerous. For safety reasons it may not be appropriate to allow children onto a site. Therefore the following safety measures must be applied:
- All site visits must be by appointment and accompanied by a HSC member of staff.
- When arranging an appointment please state if you wish to bring a child or other vulnerable person. Please do not be offended if this is not possible due to build or other issues.
- All visitors must comply with instructions given by any HSC member of staff.
- All visitors must wear appropriate equipment as required by any HSC member of staff. This may include hard hats, hi-viz clothing and protective footwear.
- All visitors must keep at a safe distance from and be aware of construction activity and traffic.
2) During your home buying process
2.1 We will give accurate information in our marketing but as we are continually updating and improving our construction and developments, please enquire about any aspect which is important to you in case this has been amended.
2.2 We will keep in regular contact and will be happy to meet to discuss your purchase.
2.3 We will advise on possible options and subject to build stage, will invite you to visit our local suppliers to make your choices.
2.4 We will assist with legal, financial and moving advice if required.
2.5 Once your home is practically complete we will invite you to visit your home to demonstrate how the various features work, e.g. heating system, kitchen appliances and to note any outstanding snagging requirements. Should work be required, a list will be drawn up and agreed between you and the designated HSC member of staff.
2.6 Throughout the buying process we will liaise with you over your legal exchange and completion dates.
3.1 A designated member of staff will meet you at your new home to ensure that handover goes smoothly. At that meeting we will provide a folder with the information and guarantees relating to your new home.
3.2 HSC homes are covered by Premier or similar 10 year warranty. In general terms you are protected for ten years against serious structural defects and up to two years from legal completion for defects which result from a failure to meet requirements of the scheme. HSC will make good or repair genuine defects during the stated time frames but this does not include wear and tear, decoration, storm damage and routine maintenance which are the responsibility of the purchaser. For further information please refer to your policy document which is included in your folder.
3.3 Your folder will have contact details for emergency and non-emergency property repair and maintenance issues.
3.4 HSC takes great pride in their new homes and welcome constructive comments from purchasers to enable us to continue our programme of improvement.